Parents always complain about loss of appetite in children. Thhis is very common in children between the age of 2-6 years as kid’s growth rate slows down significantly after the first year.
Here are a few probable reasons for poor appetite in toddlers.
- During illness, If your child has cold and cough, viral infection or diarrhea.
- Eating junk food between meals leads to drop in appetite during meals. This can even lead to obesity and other health problems. Think of healthy snacks like nuts, makhanas instead of chips and biscuits.
- Excess intake of juices. Instead give them whole fruits so the nutrition and fiber remains intact.
- Anemia. Check if the hemoglobin levels are alright and there is no iron deficiency.
- Lack of physical activity. Not playing outdoors and spending too much time with gadgets hampers the digestion and may lead to loss of appetite.
- Change of surroundings.
For eg: the house is shifted to a new locality.
- Consult a doctor if your child’s weight is reducing or if your child hasn’t gained any weight in the past 6 months.